Supporting Disadvantaged Pupils
The Disadvantaged Pupils' funding (previously Pupil Premium) is additional funding given to schools so that they can support underprivileged pupils - who may find circumstances outside of school challenging due to financial hardship or other problems - close the attainment gap between them and their peers.
Three groups have been identified :
- Pupils who are entitled to Free School Meals (or have been anytime during the last six years). These are known as the ‘Ever 6 FSM’;
- Children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months;
- Children of Armed Services personnel.
Year 7 Catch up Premium
Total amount received: £4,953
- English nurture group
- Maths nurture group
- Freshstart reading intervention
- Specialist HLTA support in maths
All students are able to access the full curriculum in Year 8